Sunday, January 3, 2010

Chocolate Seduction

The best place to eat a Lindt Lindor is anywhere in or near the tropics. And no, I am not joking or being ironic.

VS, (aforementioned friend and foodie) on her recent holiday here from the US, brought me bag of Lindt Lindor chocolate truffles. The first one from the treasure trove was consumed fresh from the fridge because of which the soft centre was not too noticeably softer than the outer shell. It was yummilicious neverthless. :P

Today I was to have one of the blue ones (filled with dark chocolate ganache) after lunch. But since I had to rush off for a post-lunch meetup-with-a-friend, the Lindor lay forgotten (yes! what a travesty!) for hours, outside the fridge.

When I got back, I noticed the forlorn little chocolate putting up a brave face after being callously ignored the whole of the afternoon and I HAD TO MAKE AMENDS right away. (Did I even have an option?) So I unwrapped the goodie and as expected, my fingers left smudge marks on the about-to-melt smooth outer cover. The Lindor is made for cooler climes than an Indian afternoon, and it was on the verge of melting into a chocolatey puddle. I nibbled on the chocolate shell - and - whoosh! the soft velevet-like ganache flooded my mouth. And the chocolate shell collapsed, just like a deflated balloon - intact but shapeless. It was surreal to see a choco balloon! Even more out of the ordinary was the texture of the ganache filling - smooth, satiny and almost plasma-like - you know, a state somewhere between liquid and air - so light was it. As to the taste - words cannot do justice to the buttery, chocolatey goodness.

So - keep your Lindt Lindor (or any soft-centred chocolate)out in the sun for a few minutes before you bite into it - for an almost-orgasmic experience.

I now know why chocolate often fetaures in seduction routines.

4 comments:

  1. heavenly. reminds me -- high time i bought/gifted myself a Lindt Lindor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's meet up, and I'll gift you several.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here we were, reading the Lindor meltup our mouths all watering and suddenly the TV syncs up with a Lindt Lindor ad showing their dark chocolate liquid ganache being poured into the creamy chocolate shell getting wrapped in the dark chocolate blue wrapper ! Talk about co-incidences....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh....I need a Lindor NOW! And there are none in the fridge. :(

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Analytics